- San Diego Law Blog
- About JD Law
- Meet the 2 Winners of the 2021 Against the Current Scholarship
- Announcing the Finalists for the jD LAW, P.C. Against the Current Scholarship
- jD LAW Once Again Sponsors the Against the Current Scholarship
- And the Winner of the 2020 Against the Current Scholarship Is…
- 5 Finalists Revealed for the jD LAW, P.C. 2020 Scholarship!
- jD LAW, P.C. Launches the Against the Current 2020 Scholarship
- jD LAW, P.C. Attorney Presents at Fallbrook STEM Academy Career Day
- jD LAW, P.C., Proudly Supports the Efforts of Las Valientes
- jD LAW, P.C. Supports the San Diego Generals
- Why Work with a Former Police Officer and Narcotics Investigator?
- JD Law: Online Presence
- How Can I Afford to Hire Your Firm?
- Criminal Defense
- Options if You're Facing Charges with Mental Illness
- Common Hit and Run Legal Defenses
- Do I Need a Lawyer Even if I’m Planning on Pleading Guilty?
- Caught in Possession of Stolen Property in CA?
- What’s at Stake After a Positive Urinalysis Test?
- Accused of Rental Car Theft in San Diego County?
- It’s Still Hit and Run, Even If the Accident Wasn’t Your Fault
- Even Touching Your Ex Can Be Domestic Battery in CA
- Types of Non-Monetary Bribes That Lead to Arrests
- Can a Misdemeanor Lead to a Strike?
- Are Citizen’s Arrests Legal in California?
- Do Juveniles Have a Right to Self-Defense?
- California’s Stance on Spanking
- How Marsy’s Law Impacts Victim Testimonies
- Can Arson Be Charged as a Misdemeanor in California?
- What Charges Can Affect Immigration Status in California?
- Differences Between Manslaughter and Murder Charges
- Defending Against Parental Kidnapping Charges
- Getting Legal Aid Before You Are Charged
- Privacy Laws and Cell Phones as Evidence
- Ramifications of SB-710 on Parole, Wobblers, and DNA
- Pursuing a Continuance in a California Court
- What You Need to Know About Bail Reform in California
- What Happens After I Am Charged with a Crime?
- What Rights Do You Have When A Police Officer Pulls You Over?
- New Smart Streetlights Aid Law Enforcement in San Diego
- These People Need a Lawyer (Part 1)
- Crime Statistics in the San Diego Area
- The Basics of Entrapment
- California’s Three Strikes Law - Part Two
- California’s Three Strikes Law - Part One
- Los Angeles County Erases Juvenile Detention Fees
- Watch Out for Public Intoxication Charges This Halloween
- Legal vs. Illegal Search and Seizures in California
- The Basics of Arson Charges in California
- When a Fight Becomes Assault and Battery
- A Guide to Sentence Enhancements in California
- The Deal with Prison Alternatives
- Criminal Background Checks: What Can Employers Ask You?
- What Qualifies James N. Dicks for Your Case?
- San Diego County Sheriff's Department Hit with Million Suit
- New California Law Requires Warrant for Cell Phone Searches
- North County Jury Deliberates Over Wife's Murder Retrial
- What Should I Do If I Have a Warrant?
- Do I Have to Talk to the Police After my Arrest?
- The Penalties for Resisting Arrest in California
- How Does the Three Strikes System Work in California?
- What Constitutes Stalking Under California Law?
- Posting Bail and How It Works
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence Allegations During Divorce
- When You're Arrested for Retaliating Against an Abuser
- What If Someone Accuses You of Gaslighting Them?
- Domestic Violence in LGBTQ+ Relationships
- Were You Falsely Accused of Domestic Violence?
- Social Media Can Hurt You in a Domestic Violence Case
- San Diego County Medical Professionals May Now Screen for Signs of Domestic Violence
- Why Did the Police Only Arrest One Person in a Domestic Dispute?
- Can I Get Probation for Domestic Violence?
- Is There More Domestic Violence on Super Bowl Sunday?
- Drug Possession
- What is a Deferred Entry of Judgment (DEJ)?
- Fentanyl Criminality in the Media
- What Are the Levels of Fentanyl Charges You Could Be Facing?
- Is It a Crime To Take Drugs Without a Prescription?
- Driving Under The Influence of Heroin
- Marijuana in CA: What’s Legal, What’s Not?
- Understanding a Fentanyl Drug Charge
- The Juvenile Charges for Selling Adderall
- Rules for Marijuana Delivery Drivers During COVID-19
- What Happens If You Have Cannabis in a Drug-Free Zone?
- Possession vs. Intent to Sell
- Drug Paraphernalia Law
- San Diego Pro Skater Charged with Intent to Sell Meth
- A Little About Prescription Drug Dealing
- The Difference Between Federal and State Drug Crimes
- A Guide to Drug Penalties in California
- San Francisco Wiping Out Old Weed Convictions
- Marijuana on College Campuses
- Holidazed and Confused
- How Much Marijuana Can One Possess Legally in CA?
- How Do Officers Determine "Marijuana DUI" in California?
- California's Prop 47 Brings Controversial Opinions to the Surface
- Overview of California's Marijuana Possession Laws
- What Do Police Look for to Spot DUIs?
- DUI in a Bus or Multi-Passenger Vehicle
- What If I Had Kids in My Car While DUI?
- Driving Under the Influence in Construction Zones
- Why Is California's BAC Limit for DUIs 0.08?
- Strange DUIs Involving Unique Vehicles
- What Are DUIs with No Proof of Driving?
- Can You Get a DUI if You’re in an Accident That Isn’t Your Fault?
- How Do Police Officers Measure DUI Impairment from Drugs
- Common Mistakes Officers Make at DUI Checkpoints
- What If You Damage Property While DUI?
- How Alcohol Affects Our Vision
- New DUI Prevention Technology Coming Soon
- Aging and DUIs: Does Your Age Change Things?
- Why is a DUI Sometimes Considered a "Wobbler" Charge?
- Breathalyzers and Marijuana
- Can I Be Turned Down For a Job if I Have Had a DUI?
- Can You Drive For a Rideshare Company With a DUI?
- Are Field Sobriety Tests Required in California?
- What Happens When You Violate Your DUI Probation?
- Driving Under The Influence of Heroin
- Can You Drive on Hydrocodone?
- How Does a DUI Affect Car Insurance Rates?
- What Factors Most Affect Your BAC?
- Facing Drugged Driving Charges in California?
- What Is the Washout Period for a DUI in California?
- Will a DUI in Another State Count on My California Driving Record?
- Getting Your CDL Back After a Suspension in California
- Prosecutors Eye San Diego County DUI Surge in 2021
- How Military Jurisdiction Applies to a DUI Arrest
- Time Served With SCRAM: What You Should Know
- When Medical Conditions Lead to DUIs
- When Is a DUI with Injury a Felony?
- Will a DUI Charge Impact My Custody Rights?
- Will an Old, Out-of-State DUI Affect My Current Charge?
- The Impact of a DUI on Your Visa
- When Policing Errors Lead to an Arrest
- Beating a DUI With a Blood-Split Motion
- How Probation Works for DUIs
- How Substance Abuse Assessment Units Influence DUI Cases
- Understanding Federal DUI Charges in San Diego
- How DADSS May Prevent Future DUIs
- What To Do If Your Car Is Impounded for a DUI
- Understanding San Diego’s Social Host Ordinance
- Alcohol in the Blood: Understanding BAC Levels in California
- How to Get a License Reinstated After a DUI
- The Value of a Wet Reckless Plea
- Understanding DUI Enhancements in California
- Watch Out for the DUI Checkpoints
- Consequences of Multiple DUIs in San Diego
- Summer Drinks, Checkpoints, and DUIs
- Multiple DUIs: Is It Groundhog Day?
- Say No to a New Year DUI
- Holiday Fun in San Diego (Hold the DUI)
- Graduation and Prom: Avoiding Underage DUI
- The Risk of Driving on 4/20
- Watch Out for St. Patrick’s Day DUIs
- Gaslamp Quarter DUI Danger
- How to Avoid a (Late) Holiday DUI
- Ridesharing and Open Container Laws in San Diego
- What If I’m from Another State but Get Arrested for Drunk Driving in San Diego?
- Can a Bar Be Held Responsible for a Drunk Driver?
- Driving to a Chargers Game? Be Careful How Hard You Tailgate
- Would There Be More Crime If California Let Bars Close at 4AM?
- Are Police Allowed to Draw Blood from an Accident Suspect?
- The Real Cost of a SoCal DUI
- Penalties for Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated in California
- Nine Ways a DUI Can Destroy Your Career
- Long-Term DUI Consequences
- Field Sobriety Tests: Nystagmus Test
- What to Do at a California DUI Checkpoint
- Arrested for DUI While Stationed at Camp Pendleton?
- Is DUI A Felony in CA? - Three Ways It Can Be
- Can I Legally Refuse a Breathalyzer Test?
- Third DUI Offense Penalties
- Wet Reckless Vs. DUI
- Avoiding DUI after the Super Bowl
- How Does an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) Work?
- Am I Legally Required to Participate in a DUI Checkpoint?
- Field Sobriety Tests: Romberg Balance
- Field Sobriety Tests Administered by a DRE
- DRE Checklist, Step 12: Toxicology Examination
- DRE Checklist, Step 11: Opinions of the Evaluator
- DRE Checklist, Step 10: Subject's Statements and other Observations
- DRE Checklist, Step 9: Examination for Injection Sites
- DRE Checklist, Step 8: Examination of Muscle Tone
- DRE Checklist, Step 7: Dark Room Examinations
- DRE Checklist, Step 6: Examination of Vital Signs
- DRE Checklist, Step 5: Divided Attention Psychophysical Tests
- DRE Checklist, Step 4: Examination of the Eyes
- DRE Checklist, Step 3: Preliminary Examination
- DRE Checklist, Step 2: Interview the Arresting Officer
- DRE Checklist, Step 1: Breath Alcohol Test
- The DRE Checklist
- First DUI Conviction
- Fraud Cases
- Illegal Trafficking
- Sex Crimes
- How California’s Sex Offender Registry Affects Those Listed
- The Sting: Understanding Entrapment and Prostitution
- The Legality of Sexting in California
- Does Breastfeeding in Public Qualify as Indecent Exposure?
- What Should I Do if I'm Arrested for Soliciting a Prostitute?
- What Happens If I Fail to Register as a Sex Offender?
- Can I Be Charged with Statutory Rape if it was Consensual?
- Theft Crimes
- What are the Consequences for Selling Stolen Items on Facebook?
- How Does a Court Determine the Value of Stolen Goods?
- How Robbery Charges Are Categorized
- Is Petty Theft a Misdemeanor or Felony in California?
- Defending Against Identity Theft Charges
- Burglary vs. Robbery vs. Theft in California
- What Is the Difference Between Grand Theft and Petty Theft?
- What are the Penalties for Grand Theft and Petty Theft in California?
- Traffic Stops
- Personal Injury
- The Costs of a Spinal Cord Injury
- Personal Injury Trials: What You Need to Know
- The Bias Against Bikers and Motorcyclists
- Does AB5 Affect Third-Party Construction Claims?
- Dog Walker Safety Tips
- What Does Pain and Suffering Mean Legally in California?
- Car Accidents
- Expired Licenses and Pursuing a Claim
- San Diego Streets May Be Traffic Free, But You Should Still Be Careful
- Mexico Border Crossing Accidents
- Hidden Costs to Recovery
- Recovering from a Car Accident
- Hit By a Drunk Driver? What Are Your Legal Options?
- The Dangers of Driving Drowsy
- In a Car Accident? What Now?
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for California Car Accidents?
- Slip and Fall
- Truck Accidents
Don’t Waste Any Time!
Call us today for a FREE Consultation
- Criminal Law Expert - Led by a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. Read More
- 100s of Cases Tried - Since 1990, James Dicks has represented hundreds of clients. Read Bio
- Client Approved - Read our online testimonials from satisfied jD LAW Clients. Yelp Reviews
- April 20, 2023
Options if You’re Facing Charges with Mental …
- April 10, 2023
What is a Deferred Entry of Judgment (DEJ)?
- April 5, 2023
What Do Police Look for to Spot DUIs?