First DUI Conviction
For many people their first DUI can be a very stressful time. Many people don’t know what do when charged with a DUI or the consequences that follow it. Factors that affect the sentence of a DUI can include speeding, an accident, or having high blood content.
In California, if convicted of a first DUI you can expect the following penalties:
- The court can place you on probation for a span of 3 to 5 years.
- In addition a fine ranging from $1,400 to $1,800, not including court fees, will be imposed. Both the North County Superior Court and San Diego Superior Court allow people to make payments as long as they report to the Court Collections Office by a certain date.
- DMV can suspend your driver’s license for 4 months. However, after a one-month suspension, you are eligible to apply for a restricted license.
- You will have to attend a MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) Course and enroll in a First Conviction Class.
- You may have to complete Public Work Service depending on the BAC.
If you or a loved one has been charged with driving under the influence in North County, call our offices today for a free consultation. Attorney James N. Dicks can help defend your rights and give you the best defense possible.
Don’t Waste Any Time!
Call us today for a FREE Consultation
- Criminal Law Expert - Led by a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. Read More
- 100s of Cases Tried - Since 1990, James Dicks has represented hundreds of clients. Read Bio
- Client Approved - Read our online testimonials from satisfied jD LAW Clients. Yelp Reviews
- April 20, 2023
Options if You’re Facing Charges with Mental …
- April 10, 2023
What is a Deferred Entry of Judgment (DEJ)?
- April 5, 2023
What Do Police Look for to Spot DUIs?