James Dicks started his career as a police officer for the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD). Before long, he rose up in the ranks to become an undercover narcotics investigator. Realizing he had the experience and knowledge to know what to look for in criminal cases, he decided to go to law school while still working for LAPD.
In 1990, James opened his private practice in Vista and has been in San Diego County ever since. James has over 30 plus years of legal experience. He has handled thousands of cases throughout his career ranging from murder to petty thefts.
He is a Board Certified Specialist in the area of criminal law, making him one of very few attorneys in the California bar. While there are over 240,000 lawyers in California, there are 336 certified criminal law specialists and only 30 in San Diego County.
James has demonstrated he has the skill and expertise to provide his clients with the best defense possible. Jimmy as he is mostly called is well respected and liked by the legal community and his clients alike.
(Source: Statistics as of February, 2019 from the State Bar of California.)
When he has free time, James enjoys reading, running at the beach, listening to trial attorney podcasts, dancing, and traveling.
- •Western State University College of Law
Honors and Awards
- •Super Lawyers
- •Top 100 National Trial Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member
- California DUI Lawyers Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- North County Bar Association, Member
- Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce, Member