Traffic Stops | San Diego Law Blog
How to Safely Transport Firearms in California
Moving can be stressful enough without having to worry about being arrested. While it is legal to own weapons on private property in California, when it comes to transporting them, specific rules apply under the law. You must understand how to safely transport firearms to avoid criminal charges.
• Continue Reading “How to Safely Transport Firearms in California…”
What Is the Punishment for Speeding in California?
Like every other state, if you are caught speeding in California, you will be fined. But what is different in the Golden State is just how expensive speeding tickets can be. So why the high cost? What makes speeding in California so much expensive than in any other state?
• Continue Reading “What Is the Punishment for Speeding in California?…”
Can the Police Search Your Car?
There is great debate about whether or not police are legally allowed to search your car, and if they are, exactly what circumstances warrant it. There are many different answers to the question because it really depends on the individual circumstance, what the officer has seen or smelled, what has transpired before the search, and the information the officer has on an individual or the vehicle at the time. In short, the question cannot be answered with a simple “yes” or “no.”
• Continue Reading “Can the Police Search Your Car?…”
Can the Police Search My Cell Phone After a Traffic Stop?
Your Rights After Being Pulled Over
At some point in your life, you will probably be pulled over in a traffic stop if you drive. Do you know what your rights are? After being pulled over for a traffic stop, it is crucial that you know your rights! You are protected from unlawful searches and seizures in such instances. If a police officer asks to see your phone, you need to be aware of your legal rights.
• Continue Reading “Can the Police Search My Cell Phone After a Traffic Stop?…”
Don’t Waste Any Time!
Call us today for a FREE Consultation
- Criminal Law Expert - Led by a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. Read More
- 100s of Cases Tried - Since 1990, James Dicks has represented hundreds of clients. Read Bio
- Client Approved - Read our online testimonials from satisfied jD LAW Clients. Yelp Reviews
- February 25, 2023
DUI in a Bus or Multi-Passenger Vehicle
- February 15, 2023
When You’re Arrested for Retaliating Against an …
- February 10, 2023
What If Someone Accuses You of Gaslighting Them?