Forgery Defense Attorneys in San Diego
Strategic Defense as We Fight for Your Future
James N. Dicks is a dedicated attorney who has the skills and experience necessary to build successful defense strategies in the cases he handles. Attorney James N. Dicks has a diverse background with a good deal of experience in regard to criminal investigation, charges, and trial.
He brings the following credentials to the table when assisting clients:
- Involved in the criminal field for more than 30 years
- Board certified as a criminal law specialist
- Knows the appropriate defense strategies
- Former police officer and former public defender
What Are Federal Offenses Involving Forgery?
Most cases involving forgery are considered federal offenses. Federal forgery offenses usually carry strict penalty guidelines that may not allow for probation instead of jail time and have higher minimum penalties than theft-related criminal offenses charged under California state law. At jD Law Criminal Defense Attorneys, our San Diego criminal defense attorney is licensed to practice in both state and federal courts.
This includes forgery of any type of document, including:
- Forging a signature on a check
- Loan documents
- Forgery of a will
- Real estate documents
- Any legal or financial documents or statements
- Altering a check or other document
Have You Been Accused of Committing Forgery in San Diego?
Forgery is an area of theft and white collar crimes is taken very seriously. Forgery occurs when a person alters or falsifies a document in any way, including writing a false signature, with fraudulent intent. This means that when a person mistakenly fills out a document or with no intent of causing harm, he or she has not technically committed forgery. When intent is involved in criminal offenses, particularly ones involving fraud, theft, and forgery, the prosecution has the difficult task of proving the action and the intent of the defendant. With a skilled forgery defense lawyer on your side, your chances of avoiding a conviction and even avoiding formal charges being filed greatly increases.
Take action today and contact jD Law Criminal Defense Attorneys at (760) 630-2000.
Don’t Waste Any Time!
Call us today for a FREE Consultation
Find out the status of your loved
one in San Diego County
- Criminal Law Expert - Led by a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. Read More
- 100s of Cases Tried - Since 1990, James N. Dicks has represented hundreds of clients. Read Bio
- Client Approved - Read our online testimonials from satisfied jD Law Criminal Defense Attorneys Clients. Yelp Reviews
- February 25, 2023
DUI in a Bus or Multi-Passenger Vehicle
- February 15, 2023
When You’re Arrested for Retaliating Against an …
- February 10, 2023
What If Someone Accuses You of Gaslighting Them?