Lisbette J. Baltazar
Criminal Defense and Personal Injury
Over 8 years
Lisbette serves as a trial attorney in the firm focusing on criminal law and personal injury. She has been with the firm since 2011 and is also a notary public.
While in law school, she interned for UURISE, a non-profit organization for immigration law where she helped people apply to become U.S. citizens. She also volunteered at California Rural Legal Assistance, an organization that provides legal assistance to migrant workers in the areas of employment and labor, housing and eviction. Lastly, she interned for a private personal injury firm in downtown San Diego where she assisted in preparing a slip and fall case for trial.
While she gained essential skills in various areas of the law, Lisbette’s passion is helping people who have been charged with a crime or have been injured. She has done trials as both lead and assisting counsel, most notably achieving a “not guilty” verdict on a vehicular manslaughter case involving prescription drugs.
When she is not at the firm, she enjoys reading, traveling, spending time with her son, and watching Netflix.
- •California State University, San Marcos, cum laude, B.A. in Political Science
- •California Western School of Law, Juris Doctor
Honors and Awards
- •Pro Bono Honors Society
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- North County Bar Association, Member