San Diego Kidnapping Attorneys
Defense of Your San Diego Kidnapping Charges
Kidnapping is a violent felony that qualifies as a “strike” under the Three Strikes law. If convicted, you may face a prison sentence of 3 years to life in state prison without the possibility of parole.
Specific sentencing will depend upon:
- Age of the victim
- Whether the victim was injured
- Intentions of the kidnapper
Have you been accused of kidnapping? If so, it is important to contact a skilled San Diego criminal defense lawyer who can work to assert your rights and protect your future. By working with a lawyer early on, you have the opportunity to avoid having charges formally filed or may be able to avoid going to trial. Being arrested is a disorienting and often frightening experience.
After an arrest, you will likely be asking a number of questions, including:
- What can you do?
- How can you protect your future and the future of your family?
By working with an aggressive kidnapping defense lawyer in San Diego, you are putting your future in the hands of a professional who knows what it takes to defend a criminal case and help you avoid going to jail.
Enhanced Penalties for Kidnapping in California
If you have been accused of kidnapping, you may face additional penalties for one or more of a number of factors. San Diego defense attorney James N. Dicks understands the nuances of California law in regards to kidnapping and how enhanced penalties could affect you. A typical kidnapping charge is a felony offense with a state prison sentence of 3, 5 or 8 years.
Enhanced penalties include:
- If the victim is under 14 years old, the sentence will be 5, 8 or 11 years in state prison.
- If the kidnapping was carried out to commit robbery, rape, oral copulation, sodomy or sexual penetration, the penalty will likely be a life sentence without the possibility of parole.
Contact Our San Diego Kidnapping Defense Lawyer
Don’t take a chance with your future freedom and happiness. Make sure you work with a San Diego criminal attorney who you can trust and who will fight for you in and out of court.
Contact us today by giving us a call at (760) 630-2000.
Don’t Waste Any Time!
Call us today for a FREE Consultation
Find out the status of your loved
one in San Diego County
- Criminal Law Expert - Led by a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist. Read More
- 100s of Cases Tried - Since 1990, James N. Dicks has represented hundreds of clients. Read Bio
- Client Approved - Read our online testimonials from satisfied jD Law Criminal Defense Attorneys Clients. Yelp Reviews
- April 20, 2023
Options if You’re Facing Charges with Mental …
- April 10, 2023
What is a Deferred Entry of Judgment (DEJ)?
- April 5, 2023
What Do Police Look for to Spot DUIs?