San Diego Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
When it comes to scenic places to take your motorcycle out for a spin, few are more fun than San Diego. Unfortunately, busy streets and careless drivers mean that motorcycle accidents are commonplace. Being hit or forced to lay down your bike can result in devastating injuries, and truly throw a wrench in your life.
Here at jD LAW, P.C., we know how difficult it can be to move on after a motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in a traffic collision while riding a motorcycle, we can help you hold the negligent parties responsible. Call our office at (760) 630-2000 to schedule a free consultation with a San Diego car accident attorney today!
Riders lack the protection provided by cars and trucks, making catastrophic injuries more frequent. An accident can result in life-changing injuries, lost wages, and huge medical expenses for the biker. Common types of motorcycle accidents include:
- Head-On Collisions: These accidents usually occur when a driver enters a lane of traffic heading in the opposite direction. It is difficult for motorcyclists to predict when a vehicle will drive into opposing traffic, as it is usually illegal to do so. There is a limited time for the motorcyclist to avoid a collision of this nature. These accidents are often fatal for the rider of the motorcycle.
- Intersection Collisions: Intersections are precarious for bikers, as there is increased traffic flow coming from every direction. Intersection collisions can happen in many ways: a driver failing to yield the right-of-way, or trying to beat a red light, or making a left turn with no signal. Inattentive or distracted drivers regularly hit motorcycles, failing to see their smaller profile compared to other motor vehicles.
- Rear-End Accidents: Even a rear-end collision at low speeds can be devastating for a motorcycle rider. When a motorcycle is rear-ended by a car, the impact can propel the biker over the handlebars and onto the roadway. Rear-end accidents at a high rate of speed can result in the vehicle running over the motorcyclist. In some instances, the rider can be thrown into the opposite lane of traffic, and can be hit by oncoming vehicles.
- Dooring Accidents: Dooring accidents occur when an individual inside of a vehicle opens his door in the path of a motorcyclist. It can cause serious injuries to the rider, even launching him or her into traffic.
Because motorcycle riders are more vulnerable in the event of a traffic collision, serious injuries occur at a much higher rate. Common injuries suffered by motorcycle accident victims include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Loss of limbs
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Road rash and/or soft tissue damage
Unfortunately, many motorcyclists in California are killed by negligent drivers every year. Regardless of the severity of the collision, it’s important for you to acquire legal counsel in order to understand your options going forward, if you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident.
Negligent drivers try to avoid responsibility by claiming they didn’t to see the motorcycle, or that the rider was driving in a reckless manner. This inherent bias against bikers is flat-out wrong. In most instances, it is not the rider’s fault that the accident occurred. Here’s how motorists injure bikers:
- Carelessness: When drivers fail to follow traffic rules, they cause accidents, and can be held legally responsible to the biker.
- Intoxication: Drunk or drugged drivers have terrible motor skills and reaction times. That is why it is illegal to drive under the influence. The injured biker or his family can seek punitive damages when a driver does something egregiously wrong
- Distraction: Whether a driver looks away from the road to turn the knob on the radio, talk to a passenger, eat, or use his phone, a split second of distracted driving can lead to a serious accident with a motorcycle.
- Reckless Driving: If a driver is lane-hopping, speeding, or making illegal turns, he or she can ram into a motorcyclist, especially one who was legally lane-splitting. When a reckless driver causes an accident, the consequences can easily be fatal.
Our San Diego motorcycle accident legal team is dedicated to protecting the rights of injured bikers. We take our job seriously, meaning we hold negligent parties accountable for the pain and suffering they cause.
At jD LAW, P.C., our injury lawyers will vigorously defend your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. We take pride in helping accident victims and their families move on with their lives. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation at (760) 630-2000.
Don’t Wait A Second Longer
When you have been injured, or a loved one has been killed due to the negligence of another, you need legal help. Contact JD LAW, P.C., today to get the justice you deserve.
- January 21, 2020
In a Car Accident? What Now?
- December 22, 2019
Who Can Be Held Liable After a Truck Accident?
- December 11, 2019
What Is the Statute of Limitations for California …