Joanne P. Sanchez
Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, and Bankruptcy
Over 13 years
Joanne is a trial attorney at the firm. She began her legal career as a senior paralegal in a mid-size law firm in Los Angeles where she gained experience in bankruptcy handling the most complex type of cases, Chapter 11 cases. After several years she attended law school, where she interned at several locations, most notebly: The Primary Public Defender’s Office and the Multiple Conflict Office, where she assisted in a murder trial that resulted in an acquittal; Casa Cornelia Law Center, a public interest law firm that provides quality pro bono legal services to victims of human and civil rights violations. There she worked in the Victims of Crime unit where she assisted victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, and others apply to asylum, and VAWA and/or U-Visas.
Her legal background has given her the opportunity to successfully litigate matters through trial in a first and second chair role. Joanne feels fortunate to be able to help numerous people in all the areas of law she has worked in. She prides herself on achieving the best results for her clients.
In her spare time she enjoys hiking, spending time with her family, and traveling.
- •University of California, Santa Barbara, double majored in B.A., Law and Society and Sociology
- •California Western School of Law, Juris Doctor
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy (NACBA)
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Member Criminal
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- North County Bar Association, Member